Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Sunlit steel in Chicago


Sunlit steel in Chicago, originally uploaded by Bitterroot.

Miniature worlds: When I first became seriously interested in photography,I would never have noticed or photographed this sunlit pattern. I would have regarded the underside of this bridge as a grubby, clanking urban monstrosity, to be ignored in favor of any greenery I could find anywhere in the city. Looking at it now, I see it's quite beautiful in its own way, removed though it is from my usual haunts of mountains, woods, and streams. My Flickr* experience has caused me to stretch a bit and find beauty in patterns of light and structure that I would have ignored heretofore. (This is the Columbus Street bridge over the Chicago River.)

*Flickr is the highly interactive photo-sharing program where the originals of the photos on this blog are stored. If you click on any of the photos on this blog, you will be taken to Flickr for the option of viewing the photo in a larger size. There are many forums on Flickr that address various techical and aesthetic aspects of digital photography, and I have learned a great deal from participating in these.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?