Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Shimmering ripples - detail


Shimmering ripples - detail, originally uploaded by Bitterroot.


Shimmering ripples

Chasing the light series

Every now and again we need a respite from the chilly views of winter. Thinking of clear lakes, I decided to take another look at the play of light on water. Often I like to show a cropped detail of a shot I'm posting, just to zoom in a bit and to remind myself that even a single scene has endless facets and perspectives. This time, the detail was so delightful that I've placed it as the main photo for today. Some day I hope to be able to put into words the magic of sunbeams on water. Just watching them dance in endless patterns on the rocks below the water's surface brings peace to the soul.

Comments:
Beautiful pictures!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?