Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

A fairy-tale place?


A fairy-tale place?, originally uploaded by Bitterroot.

I'm just getting ready to leave Madrid. It's been an intense and rather wonderful week. The meeting (see previous post) went well; my hope is always that we will move the body of medical knowledge forward at these occasions so that patient care will improve. I believe we did so here; time will tell as we analyze and publish the consensus and then measure the impact.

Most of my time was spent in the meeting, but in stolen moments I tried to capture a few corners of Madrid. I am not a city girl at heart, but I like this old city very much.

My impression is of a place that is at once elegant and mellow, proud and humble. This photo highlights the elegance. This was taken in late afternoon at the Parque del Buon Retiro, a place where Spanish kings and nobles used to take their leisure.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?